Saturday, May 2, 2009

FAQs

I have been getting lots of questions from students today. I'm going to post my answers here, just in case others have the same questions.

I'm having a little bit of trouble remember how to embed a youtube video in my
post. I'm going to go ahead and write the post without it, but if you could get back
to me how to put it in I would appreciate it.

How to embed a video:

1. Get the embed code from YouTube
2. Switch back to blogger.
3. Create a new post
4. On the upper right side of the post box, you'll see two tabs: "edit html" and "compose." "Compose" lets you type in your post without seeing all the code. "edit html" shows all the code.
5. Click "edit html". Paste in the code that you copied from Blogger.
6. Click "compose" and then type whatever text that you would like.

If you are still having trouble embedding the video, don't worry about it. Just do a regular hyperlink to the YouTube page.


I was just looking at the assignment sheet for the blog and noticed that it says something about a subtitle. Would that be in addition to the regular title that it has at the top of the page, or should it be something like "Title: Subtitle"? I also noticed that it says to put the counter in the sidebar. Is it okay if it is on the bottom?

re: subtitles. Check out the class blog http://www.mckennamedia.blogspot.com/

Title = McKenna's Media and Politics
Subtitle = This is the Official Class Blog for Ramapo's Politics and Media class.

The counter can be on the bottom. But I think it does a better job counting on the sidebar.

could you please explain the post number 5? I didn’t get it.
5. Link to an op-ed on a website of a traditional paper. Describe and critique.

Every serious newspaper has a section just for opinion articles. These are written by columnists who don't find new facts. They just given their opinions about current events.

This is the New York Times's Opinion page -- http://www.nytimes.com/pages/opinion/index.html?8dpc

You should check out the work of Nicholas Kristoff from the NY Times. He often writes about women's issues from an international perspective. http://topics.nytimes.com/top/opinion/editorialsandoped/oped/columnists/nicholasdkristof/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment